One year has been over leaving a lot of memorable experiences and achievement at Angkor Kids Center!
This year event has been even more colorful and greater honor to welcome Ms. Pamela McCourt Francescone, the president of Linkforaid, a charity organization in Italy, and the official officers from the local community authority to speak during the event flowing with the following agendas :
- Welcome remarks and the program objectives by Mr Meam, Academic Coordinator
- Present the special guests and speakers by Mr Meam
- Opening Remarks and comments by the / Village chief or representative
- Water Transfer game
- Painting Competition and presentation of their arts
- Remark and overall comments by Mr Samnang Chhon, AKC Founding Initiator
- Remarks and comments by Ms Pamela, Linkforaid Association President
- Remarks and comments by the Councils of Commune in Angkor Thom District
- Students ‘comments and determination by student
- Donation and Award distribution by community head, Linkforaid, AKC
- Close the program and school visit
Pamela was very impressed by the image of the village and just had one contingent comment after the event and the village visit “Each year I see how things are changing in your village. You, and all your team who are inspired by you, are really giving these children and the people of Samroang the opportunity for a better future. I know how poor the villages are in Siem Reap province, and I realized it again when we walked back in the dark and I saw families eating together and you told me the man who will look after the chickens will have a better home than he does now.”
Pamela is not only our honorable speaker, but her presence bringing along village 15 bikes, 14 school uniforms, and 14 satchels to be donated to the outstanding of AKC school students and the less privileged students in Samroang community to be able to go to school in this new academic year 2014-2015.
At the end, she promised to the community and to the founder of Angkor Kids Center, Mr. Samnang Chhon, there are more things to come.
Stay with us and see what Linkforaid and Angkor Kids Center bring to live in the forthcoming year of 2015.
And support us to make the great change for general humanity.